Thread: Oil

Oil

Hi!

I have MGD, and I'm just wondering why I can't find eyedrops with oil in them. Since my tears are evaporating to quickly, why can't you just make tears with oil in them?

Thanx

Refresh Endura (now called Refresh Dry Eye Therapy) & Bausch and Lomb's Soothe contain lipids. Mineral oil in Soothe and glycerin in Dry Eye Therapy.
    I don't know about their availability in Norway, but at least this will give you a starting point.

Refresh Endura contains castor oil (and preservative free) but I think it's been discontinued. Bausg & Lomb Soothe drops contain oil, and so does the prescription drop Restasis. Many of the pf ointments like Refresh PM also contain oil but are not good for daytime use. Hth!

I have been thinking about switching to an oil based eye drop. I have MGD also. I have looked at Walmart, Walgreens, the pharmacy at the hospital where I work, and cannot find one. The 2 that I have learned has oil and have been looking for are Refresh Endura (although I think the name has changed to Refresh PF) and Soothe.

Quote Originally Posted by redandsensitive View Post
    Hi!

I have MGD, and I'm just wondering why I can't find eyedrops with oil in them. Since my tears are evaporating to quickly, why can't you just make tears with oil in them?

Thanx
    They did have them for awhile - they were called "Dry Eye Therapy" preservative free vials, and they had castor oil in them. They quit making them, but another poster on here said he/she found some again. I still have yet to find them.

Blog Entries
    Soothe XP is mineral oil. I've tried it 2-3 times in the last 24 hours and it helped a couple times, that's not a bad percentage with my OTC drop experience.
    I think the times it worked best was when my right eye still felt dry after using Systane Ultra PF.
    There is probably more people with negative experience with it on this board them positive but every body is different.

Thanx for posts! I will start looking for Refresh PF. I ordered some Homeopathic products from the United States last week, but they where sendt back :/

SOOTH is also what my Doctor recommended.... drops with oil to help with the Bleph from MGD. gonna try and find some and buy today, hope they help!

Oasis Tears Plus?

I am looking for more information on Oasis Tears Plus? I was wondering if anyone out there is using this product? Do You like it? What have you noticed about it? I seem to be having a good run with it but just would like to hear from others on this product.....