Thought I'd add a couple of tips for users who are new to private messaging (heck, many are probably new to bulletin boards period).
1. Private messaging works like private emails between users, but it "lives" entirely within the bulletin board so you don't have to give out your email address or worry about spam.
2. Access your private messaging center by clicking on the "Private Messages" link at the top right of your screen (under your name) whenever you are logged in.
3. You can opt to be notified via email whenever a new private message is received. This is particularly useful if you do not always log in when reading Dry Eye Talk, because if you don't log in, you won't know you have messages. Here's how to turn this option on:
- Click on "User Settings and Profile" (the link at the top left of the page just under the big Dry Eye Talk header)
- Look at the panel of links at the left. Click on "Edit Options"
- Scroll down until you find the "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" option. Check the box.
The Dry Eye Zone