1. What is the difference between eye drop tears and gel?
2. Are eye drops that work ok for during the day also good to be used before sleeping? , or are there speciality eye drops especially for night (that work better)?
3. I have two eye drops I can use now:
First I was given three bottles with the words " Hypromellose ratiopharm 3 mg/ml " . It also has benzalkonium chloride in it. I ´was´ suppose to use it for 3 months and one drop just before bed. I gave up using this because I think it was causing my eye to get irritated. Should I give it another go?
My doctor later gave me oculotect unidose - I´m not sure whether this is suppose to replace the other one though? It contains polyvidon. It is preservative free and feels much better on the eyes.
4. Is there a big difference between eye dorps based on hypromellose and polyvidon?
5. Are there any negative effects of using preservative free eye drops very often during the day? Apart from it being annoying and time consuming? Can it make the dry eye symptoms worse?