Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are eyes and stomach linked?

Question Are eyes and stomach linked?

Curiosity based on anther thread.

Do you have digestive problems in conjunction with dry eye?
    Do you use medication for this digestive problem?
    Do you have a special diet?
    Has this diet helped your DES?

Hi Momaxwell,

I have digestive problems (spastic colon) and have taken Levsin since I was about 28 years old (I'm 53 now). I believe it may contribute to my dry eyes however I have many other factors contributing as well... I started taking whole-food vitamins (some for digestion) and I think this has really helped my stomach. Not sure about the eyes tho... It was recommended I take lots of fish oil which I do....

With autoimmune dry eyes, such as Sjogren's Syndrome, there can be digestive problems. This is because the antibodies attack the mucous and moisture-producing parts of the body--including the intestines---which cause them to slow down and process food inefficiently----causing cramps, gas, bloating, constipation, diarhhea, etc..

I have some digestive problems (plus the dry eye and Sjogren's), but I don't take any medication. This year I made some changes: gave up coffee, eliminated dairy, and started a gluten-free diet. I think it's helping my digestion, but I can't say that it's helping my eyes so far.

Calli

Sjogrens here as well, dry eyes being the worst complication. I had to take stomach stuff (Prevacid) when I started on all the SJS medications last year. They are practically a whole meal by themselves.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Autoimmune disease and dry eye

I urge anyone with dry eyes and digestive problems to be tested for celiac disease - the most common, yet most underdiagnosed genetic disease in the U.S. ESPECIALLY if you have Sjogren's, which is linked with celiac disease. If your blood antibody test is negative, please consider doing a stool antibody test through www.enterolab.com . Not many U.S. gastros are using the stool antibody test - although we have one here in Austin that does. It's based on the principle that because gluten antibodies are first produced in the intestines, that's where they will be detected during early or subclinical stages of the disease. My gluten intolerance was diagnosed with the stool antibody test, and later I was found to have one of the celiac genes by genetic testing.

Thanks Dru, Great link to the testing lab website!

I didn't know about the stool antibody test. I was negative for celiac antibody blood tests (last month), and of course the doctor considers that to be gospel. I'm still continuing the gluten-free diet, because it seems to cause much less bloating and gas. I seem to have trouble digesting corn, too. So after changing my diet this way, I feel better and have lost 3 pounds (had about 5 extra pounds on for the last year or so).

I am assuming one would have to be currently eating gluten foods for the stool test to show positive. What have you heard?

Calli

Quote Originally Posted by momaxwell
    Curiosity based on anther thread.

Do you use medication for this digestive problem?
    Do you have a special diet?
    Has this diet helped your DES?
    Hey everyone

Momaxwell- I think you're defenitely onto something here.

As for me:

1) In a sense
    2) Yes
    3) When I'm a good boy
    4) Most definitely

I have been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and blepharitis for about 9 months or so.

Here's the thing, I think when people get constipated, are eating really unhealthy or have infections or anything else going on that is unhealthy for you down there then for some it can lead to a whole host of symptoms elsewhere.

UC is also an autoimmune disorder so I think that has something to do with it. But anyway back to what I was saying.

I think for me that when I get constipated and HP or whatever is going on down there can make my rosacea flare up like crazy. Then that leads to a blepharitis flare and dry eye as a result. But that really never happens to me anymore cause the UC meds are a godsend and to be honest, it's quite easy to control if I do what I'm suppose to. After that all it comes down to is a healthy diet and the healthier I eat the better my results get.

And guys the sups you can get for digestion are the real deal. I think they work extremely well.

Hope this helps

-Tim

Hi to everyone,

I don't know
    Do you use medication for this digestive problem? Yes, a Proton-pump inhibitor, an Antiacid, Probiotics for a couple of months. I suffer of gastritis and irritable bowel syndrome.
    Do you have a special diet? Not really... Trying to eat less chocolate and carbohydrates
    Has this diet helped your DES? Not really/not yet

I don't have a particular diet since I dont' know (yet) what my DES is due to...

Silvia

i have dry eyes and sjogrens (althought never met an expert). I have some blood in my fecal material sometimes, there must be a good reason no?

Blog Entries

constipation immunity cold dry eye

I think and hope the following four factors are linked - constipation, immunity, cold, and dry eyes.
    My son (Jan 2007 born) developed eye allery in 2008 still we struggle with it. Now we follow very strict diet and Naturopathy method. Also we give Ayurveda medicines. It reduces surely. We are able to stop all eye drops. He has digestive problems due to he do not srush the food in his mouth.

His contipation and cold are gone.

I also suspect my son's eye problem may be after affect of MMR vaccination.

Does anybody have simmilar problems and older than ten years may help us.

With my experience I think stomach and eyes are related surely.

The following link may be useful

http://www.drsharif.com/whc/node/139

http://www.whale.to/v/asthma3.html
    Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 02-May-2012 at 01:16.

With rosacea, we are finding diet triggers for inflammation.

The eyes and skin and digestion are much better reducing and excluding: sugars, bad fats, yeast, gluten, dairy. We are supplementing with fish oil and multivitamins, eating oily fish, no processed fats, and the meibom is improved. Bowel cramping is gone.

It's important to consider food intolerance and digestive process in skin/eye conditions.

eye allergy kids: What are the eye doctors saying about your son - tear film and meibomian glands and reduced signs of allergy inflammation?
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 05-May-2012 at 05:18.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Blog Entries
    Hello littlemermaid

I hate these doctors. They say many things which even they don't understand why these cause and how to treat. They simply treat or reduce the symtoms.So "tear film and meibomian glands and reduced signs of allergy inflammation" I do not beleif in this

Can anybody say what cause "tear film ...." and how to traet.
    Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 10-May-2012 at 04:04.

Blog Entries
    My son five years old ( Jan 2007 born ) around his 1 ½ years started rubbing his eyes very badly. I thought he is doing this because he is sleepy. But after some time we took him to the doctor he said he is having eye allergy and gave some drops and told it will alright after some time. I used the drops no symptom of reducing. I took him to another doctor, another doctor, another doctor….. all Allopathic doctors are same and said this causes due to dust in air. I have to keep on use the drops for him till his 15 years, do not let out avoid dust bla bla bla…. I do not beieve that dust cause this. Dust may do some damage but if the internal organs are strong the dust should not do anything.

I did not belief these stupid drops. I tried and learned many alternate medical methods. Because I live India I tried Siddha, Unnani, Homeopathy. These medicines I have to give for long time and also learned his kidneys will be affected after some time. I stopped all medicines and tried Ayurveda medicines. These medicines are very less side effects. Now I learned Indian method of Naturopathy and change his total food habits.

I stopped all packed, (biscuits, chocolates, sausage, cheese etc.) tinned, (all drinks) canned, bottled,(jam) baked(bread, cake, bun) preserved food items, fried (chips..),all dairy food, all non vegetarian(egg, chicken beef pork mutton fish) items. No rice, tiffin snacks.

He was given for past two months only fruits, nuts and vegetables. All raw fruits, reasonably cooked vegetables ( if can be given as raw give him raw) all nut like cashew padam almond dates.

Daily natural water (normal room temperature water) enema is taken thrice.

After giving (changed food) I am able to see some wonderful super marvelous results. His constipation no doctor is able to solve it is slowly getting ok. He usually get fever now no fever at all. His cold, cough sufferings are gone. The very biggest happiness is “No eye rubbing”, “No eye drops”. Colour of the eyes keep changing and comming to normal.

The biggest problems I faced are educating my wife, brothers, sisters, grandparents of my son.

I do not know whether I am right or wrong but I feel my son have less trouble, able to reduce to one medicine no drops.

I suspect the cause of the problem is some vaccination or he might be swollen something in his small age.

I want somebody who is older patient try these very strictly and guide me also help all eye suffering people.

I like to quote one thing from the famous Tamil poet Thiruvalluvar said
    1) If you deceased you should know what caused the decease then only you can cured it.
    2) Decease treatment has four stages
    1. The patient - He should be educated the cause and treatment
    2. The Doctor – He should know and able to identify the decease and cause of it and teach the treatments to patient and the patient’s carer
    3. The medicine – It should be given in proper time with good coordination food.
    4. Patient’s carer – the person who take care of the patient should be educated and guided.

Do you think these are followed? I think all dry eye patients do not know what is cause of it. Most of the Allopathic doctors do not know what they are doing. I think two or different medicine method should taken into account. After this do you want me to beleive that my son's eye problem causes due to dust?

You can learn many things from here
    http://sites.google.com/site/naturecuresall/
    http://www.rknature.com/St/html/home.html
    http://www.herbexindia.com/health.html
    http://www.netrafoundation.com/treatments.html
    http://beauty.indianetzone.com/1/eye_care.htm
    http://www.sreedhareeyam.com/index.p...tpage&Itemid=1
    http://health.indianetzone.com/
    http://www.wholehealthclinic.net/whc...onal_materials
    http://www.aboutallergy.net/18-10-20...tions-240.html
    http://www.healthiertalk.com/14-food...nse-liver-3703
    Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 10-May-2012 at 04:16.

Eye allergy kids, Thank you very much for this. I am reading your links and listening very carefully to your good experience.

Is your little boy's vision still good? I dearly hope you can find educated eye doctors to think about this. My experience is that some of the ophthalmologists we have seen are indeed recommending a pure and healthy wholefood diet approach, but they are also adding 'omega 3' oils found in some seeds and fish (it is not possible to cook with these).

I think you are absolutely right to use some protein from nuts, this is exactly what we are doing, but I'm wondering where he is getting carbohydrate if you're not using rice or seeds, and whether you think this will affect his growth? Also we are eating eggs quite often for protein, and lots of pulses like dahl, chickpeas, black-eyed peas. We are also particularly using curcumin.

I think we are having problems with fruit sugars from fruit juice so we are drinking plenty of water, sometimes with lemon or lime squeezed in, which is lovely.

These do sound like food intolerance symptoms, don't they. We are just sometimes (maybe 3/week) using a multivitamin + mineral dose because I am afraid of vitamin or mineral deficiencies but I think you may have better access to very fresh vegetables, herbs and spices than we do (in UK, some of it is grown in hydroponic systems and is nutrient deficient).

In terms of eye allergy, we are thinking that the eyes are really sensitive - especially after all these eyedrops - so trying to avoid any problems from detergents, dust, bedding, mould. And wearing wraparound sunglasses. But allergy eyedrops or oral antihistamine never helped. For us, I think it is hypersensitivity rather than allergy.

I respect your dedication very much and it is a joy to hear about your son's healing.
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 10-May-2012 at 08:50.

I see that this link is very old but has recently resurfaced.

I suffer from Sjogren's which is an autoimmune condition. I note that the internet abounds with testimonials of people who have over come autoimmune conditions. To that end I have decided that even if I constantly read 'there is no cure for Sjogren's' I have determined that I am going to do everything in my power to put it into permanent remission (since there is no 'cure'). My research lead me to this website for the Center for Nutritional Research http://www.icnr.org/all-about-colostrum/. I have heard of colostrum before but never gave it much thought for my current condition. It has now become my first line of defense in my program to rid myself of this condition.

I urge anyone suffering from allergies or autoimmune conditions to carefully study the research on this the most marvelous of natures first foods. I realize that there are no silver bullets but I believe that there is merit in considering adding it to your current health regimes.

eye_allergy_kids and littlemermaid I applaud your for your dedication to your kids.

what is colostrum ..? are you taking it?/ if so let us know how it works plesae and if it helps.. i went to the link but there is sooo much info..thanks Farmgirl!
    Jenny
    Jenny

Blog Entries
    Hello littlemermaid

I used the same drops that you are using for my son and now I am able to stop it. (fml lottoprette zod )

I do agree with you regarding carbohydrate and protein needs. Protein needs are given as vegetables you have plenty of proteins in bean type vegetables. Carbohydrate is given as carbohydrate fruits like banana also some raw rice which will be brown in colour.

My Naturopath says all animal protein do harmful effects. Example cow’s milk is for its calf only which weight is above 60kg not for human baby’s weight is just less than 15kgs. It does some harm slowly. Mad cow decease also an example.

http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/

Surely I will not recommend any vitamin supplements (it is packed). Instead take vitamin fruits.

http://www.aoa.org/x11813.xml

My naturopath recommends fruits for diabetic patients and he is able to reduce sugar levels.
    I feel all eye problems are linked with stomach organs like liver kidney bowel colon, because after changing food to my son problems are reducing. No Allopathic doctor is accepting this.
    Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 11-May-2012 at 00:31.

Blog Entries
    farmgirl

I will not thank you but try to follow some method and solve your problem and help us also.

HI Jenny:

I just cut and pasted this definition from the web but it basically sums it up. It has the same benefits for older children or adults. Studies show that it helps to repair 'leaky gut' which my research leads me to believe is the root cause of allergies and autoimmune conditions and helps to modulate the immune system, in other words; help it to function properly. Yes I am taking it, among other things and therapies to address my autoimmune condition responsible for my dry eyes and mouth - Sjogren's. Hope this helps.

Colostrum (also known as beestings or first milk) is a form of milk produced by the mammary glands in late pregnancy and the few days after giving birth. Colostrum contains large numbers of antibodies called "secretory immunoglobulin" (IgA) that help protect the mucous membranes in the throat, lungs, and intestines of the infant. In humans, it has high concentrations of nutrients and antibodies, but it is small in quantity. Leukocytes are also present in large numbers; these begin protecting the infant from harmful viruses and bacteria. Ingesting colostrum establishes beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract. Premature babies tend to fare better on human colostrum than commercial infant formulas. Colostrum contains special components, called growth modulators, that help the premature baby's digestive system adjust to oral feedings.
    Last edited by farmgirl; 11-May-2012 at 00:50. Reason: left something out

Blog Entries

I used the same drops that you are using for my son and now I am able to stop it
    Eye allergy kids ~ Just to let you know, unfortunately, my daughter's eye surfaces became less sensitive after using all these drops for 3y - she does not really feel symptoms now until there is quite bad surface damage or photophobia. This is a problem - it would be good to get regular eye surface checks for damage (through the ophthalmic microscope with fluorescein) even though your little one is not showing symptoms, also eye pressure and vision.

I completely appreciate the nightmare difficulty of finding an ophthalmologist or optometrist that you and your little boy like... they should be able to do these basic checks for you without too much irritation for you

The problem is - she can hardly tell when the eyes are dry and she needs tear substitute drops - normal saline 0.9% - so we use them spaced through the day 6 times for safety to protect the eye surface and allow it to restore while we taper the other drops to minimum. Eg she can stare easily for up to 2 minutes, and even then she will not produce reflex tears. There has been no sensitivity problem with these very simple saline Minims - I feel great relief about this, and safer for healing (for economy we refrigerate and re-use them about 2 times).

Occasionally the ophth have found punctate epithelial erosions, sometimes sub-epithelial. Undetected, there is progression to neovascularisation and pannus starting from the limbus (you can pretty much see misting along the limbus yourself), or corneal erosions more difficult to heal. This desensitisation seems to be a particular problem for children. The paediatric doctors also tell me children do not report pain the way an adult does because they are less able to recognise what is happening and it becomes normal to their lives, which is very sad.

I'm so happy your little son is doing so well

Blog Entries
    littlemermaid

We have the common problem that we do not have eye allergy but our kid has. So we do not know how the eye will be inside there.( irritate, pain, different vision or something else) Really we need a peadiatric section in this forum
    I feel you look like a doctor or you have visited many doctors. The doctors I visited never said like what you advise. But I feel these doctors do more damage to eyes by giving drops. When visit two different doctors on a same day they prescribe different drops and differently. I could not understand this.

I tested my son on 7-5-2012 he is having cylinder long vision power. They said it is normal allergy.... bla bla ..bla

Because of this I test his eyes with doctor then and there but try to avoid drops and treat naturally.

I don't know, but when you give natural raw fruits and lots of vegetable the results are fantastic. Even the doctor say he is improving but not accepting the food method.

This is why I need somebody try this and find is it improving for all or?

After the mail on 10-5-12 (three days) my son's eye colour changed and better than three days before and his condition stable.

Yesterday I met a friend he follows natropath way past many years he advised me to cleanse my son's liver and kidney by giving natural herbs raw. eg: If you give ginger lemon honey juice your liver get cleansed. You may have to continue for some time.

I like this method very much after many sufferings with these doctors. I can see result myself. No tearing No eye rubbing no reddish colour more fluid moisture in his eye no need of artificial moisturiser

I saw somewhere in the forum that one person from Spain or somewhere in Europe said eating grape fruit helped him a lot but his sugar kills.

Can you find a answer why your daugher's eyes getting erosion or sensitive? What is cause and how to cure it? How is her other habits are like does she eat very fast? Normally when you eat, should crush your food nicely slowly with teeth and chew it or you get digestion problems.
    Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 14-May-2012 at 00:20.

Can you find a answer why your daugher's eyes getting erosion or sensitive? What is cause and how to cure it? How is her other habits are like does she eat very fast? Normally when you eat, should crush your food nicely slowly with teeth and chew it or you get digestion problems.
    Eye allergy kids, It is very reassuring to talk to you and hear about your good progress with this.

You are right. She does not relax easily and works hard at school with homework all evening, plus exam pressure, plus she plays music in the evenings and weekends and that is exciting but quite high-pressure. So food is rushed and the pressure is always on.

Yes, we have seen many doctors... The best of them are gently considering that diet, environmental sensitivities, hormones and over-active immune system are probably affecting the metabolism and lipids, causing skin and eye inflammation. Also there is allergy/sensitivity to the chemicals in eyedrops.

I think a lot of her rosacea sensitivity on the skin and eyes is also caused by detergents, especially shampoo. Another problem is our tap water - although we can drink it, it is full of chemicals and stings the face.

But diet seems to be a big part of that inflammation too. I would not be surprised if she had inflamed digestive system, whether due to food intolerance or bacteria imbalance. We did try eating live yoghurt regularly but there was no difference. There is a lot of skin, therefore eye, inflammation with sugar though.

I understand your worry about the MMR vaccine, but I think in her case the immunological over-reaction started exactly after a virus. Even now she has post-viral eye and skin flareups. She has always been happy and well after vaccinations.

I've spent Too Much Time reading on the internet, maybe not enough time cooking healthy food... Is your son still eating spices? LM likes mild spices and it helps her enjoy vegetables so it would be sad to stop that. The best meal for her is seafood + rice + veg with a lot of turmeric. We're using small amounts of mild olive oil for cooking but I'm looking for good cooking oils. For a while I used walnut oil (omega 3 fat) but it is very expensive, maybe too rich for everyday.

I will try to introduce honey and ginger, although we are doing well on very dilute lemon juice as a refreshing cold drink, she may like it warm. I'm not sure about grapefruit or other citrus, I think it depends on the person whether it's inflammatory or not, I think she's had too much juice from cartons in the past because we believed it was healthy. Pineapple seems very helpful for the digestion. I wish we could get fresh mango. She is eating a spoonful of manuka honey occasionally.

We are getting eye surface checks with opticians (optometrists), not necessarily with prescribing doctors, just to make sure everything's OK.
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 14-May-2012 at 14:58.

Blog Entries
    littlemermaid

Your post saying the following words

"You are right. She does not relax easily and works hard at school with homework all evening, plus exam pressure, plus she plays music in the evenings and weekends and that is exciting but quite high-pressure. So food is rushed and the pressure is always on."

causes me lot of concern. My son also rush vary fast while eating. My naturopath very strictly adviced me to train my son to eat slowly. Because digestion start in mouth itself. If you do not crush and chew your food, you create indigetion problem. It is better to make your daughter starve or fast. When indigestion it is a chain reaction. Your stomach will go wrong, liver function affects, pancreas, spleen gall bladder all will be affected. The biggeat problem is intestine and colon do not function properly. This will lead to lack of vitamins, low hemoglobin, constipation etc.. etc.. This will not be solved by giving vitamin supplements or ...

I feel like you should take your daughter to a naturopath and do a "drainge program"

Usually I do not believe anybody. So if anybody say something like this I try myself first and do to my son.

So you can try for ten day at home what I say then you can decide. Naturopathy ways should followed for quite some time depends on the persons habits and body.

1) Early morning after you finish your morning brushing... drink 1 1/2 litres of reasonably cold water
    2) Take natural plain water (resonably cold or below warm)enema twice daily morning in empty stomach and afternoon. If you don night you may have to get up in late night.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guqA5lcWJvo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=3eM95r8sHZc
    http://www.enema-web.com/simple-enema.html

3) Fill the bath tub with bearable (below warm ) cold water and stay inside the water for one hour (I know in Europe it will be hot outside but the water will be cold)

You follow these steps and try for your daughter. When you take enema you notice how feel with your eyes.

I have reduced lot of spicy food to son. Maximum raw fruits nuts resonably cooked vegetable without salt and very less spices. When reduced to my son I also reduce everything because I can't eat a different food than my son.
    Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 15-May-2012 at 03:48.

Blog Entries

book

I think this book will give lot answers that not only stomach all parts are linked to eyes. Read the forward.

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=e...%20eyes&f=true

Blog Entries
    please vist to this section of the forum also

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...1919#post71919

Blog Entries

My son is improving

I checked my son with opthomorlogist on 15 June 2012 he is surprised and said "how come you reduced allergy so quickly".

The above statement is enough for me.

Eyeallergykids,

So happy to hear that the ophthalmologist is noticing great improvement with allergies. I am thinking very carefully about your experience and we are with you all the way except for the enemas (imagine what she said about this...); although I am aware that foods like meat lodge in the colon, I think maybe good fibre like the fruits, especially mango, will pass any problems through. And the cold baths are too much for us. Most of the time in UK the weather is cold, but if we go to a hot European country she does like cool baths for temperature regulation and a cold bedroom at night helps with the skin inflammation on the face that causes her eye problems. Also like your 'trust no one' philosophy, and that you're using medical doctors as well for optimum results.

You might be interested in the US Human Microbiome Project http://commonfund.nih.gov/hmp/. They are mapping the microbiology of the human body - nose, mouth, skin, digestion, urinary/genital - and categorising naturally-occurring symbiotic (sharing lifecycle with us) eg bacteria, fungi.

They are looking at the relationship between these microbes and human health. Also how the helpful microbiots and other human immune defences behave when there are disease invaders http://www.hmpdacc.org/.

I would think foods fuel these processes for good or bad and 'health' is a balance. There is currently BBC and newspaper concern in UK about high-fructose corn syrup hidden in most processed foods which you might be interested in (this may be suppressed in US because of powerful food industry lobby) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18393391. Metabolic problems caused by this involve insulin, leptin, fats (produced or processed through organs, as you say).

We know sugars are inflammatory in the immune system, but why? The Human Microbe Project is starting to examine how some unhelpful strains of gut bacteria are unusually increased on this fuel and stomach/bowel walls become inflamed dealing with this, leading to disease and disorder there, and their products pass through into the body where they cause problems. http://www.hmpdacc.org/impacts_health/impact_health.php So, hopefully, investigative science is starting to show us this more clearly.

We also have a problem with processed breads - in industry they use 3x the amount of yeast a normal baker would to get a fast rise, which we then ingest. Many people put this stuff in their stomach every day. One mistake we made going gluten-free was to try supermarket replacement products made with alternative flours but packed with yeast and sugar.

Maybe effects on the eyes are partly through systemic inflammation and changed lipids. We are also feeling her eyes are more comfortable eating more natural seed and nut oils, off dairy (lipids again) and milk-fats-clue-to-inflammatory-bowel-disease.html. I am very keen to get good nutrition for metabolic balance and improve poor LM's skin - she is refusing probiotics so maybe I'll suggest human colostrum just to see what she says, farmgirl, although she had it originally...

Interesting times to live in. So happy your little son's eyes are improving, very glad to hear this. We are doing great too on a more clean and careful diet, so let's hope we can both maintain things. All this shows us how, as you say, the body works as a whole.
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 19-Jun-2012 at 16:57.

Blog Entries
    Hi Littlemermaid Thankyou for your reply

I do agree that many people hate taking enema but it has wonderful results. For a normal person of age 40 will take minimum three months to clean the colon and testine.(daily twice normal drinking water enema.for some people it may vary) follow the links (both treads) I have posted to know what are good effects. Surely it does good things.

Immerging in cold water is to cool your whole body. If you cool your body your eyes get cooled. Testine function improves. If your daughter hate cold water immersion go for a mudbath. It does similler job.
    Or wrap a terrky towel rinsed with cold water. Try to wrap the head also.
    You can take a oil bath, apply gingerly oil to whole body stay twenty minutes in sun and have a bath.(you have to wash the floors carefully it will be slippery)
    Enema cools your body very effectively. If you have fever and take enema twice or thrice your fever reduces immediately. (This is my practical experience.)
    Drinking lot of water cool your body.
    Drinking tender coconut water is coolent.

Try these leaf it is ntural coolent and reduces mucus formation in the eyes.

http://www.ammas.com/topics/Cooking/a157400.html

Response from: Amit Arora,
    Registered Member on Ammas.com
    Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
    Ponnanganni Keerai The Botanical name of this greens is 'Alternanthera sessilis'. Sanskrit name is Matsyakshi. The common English name is Dwarf copperleaf/ Joyweed/ Sessile joyweed. Well...we call that "Ponanganni keerai" in Tamil. It is body coolant. It gradually induces a change, and restores healthy functions without evacuations (Alterative). Specifically recommended in the case of - - Fever - Eye ailments - Asthma - Gonorrhea - Syphilis

To my knowledge it improves eye sight! As the name implies it improves one's complexion! People say its good for Piles complaint and reduces flabbiness.

I am sorry I am not interested in those researches. I beleive only following principles.

1. You are what you think.
    2. You are what you eat.
    3. Your thoughts get good, if you eat good food. (all three are co-ordinated)
    4. Good vege food (you have to find what are good food), good colon, good colon more nutrition for your body, good immunity, strong organs and healthy living

My son's experiences taught these to me.

Three months back I buy lot of bread and cakes. Now I never go to bakery. Because the flour they use processed using many chemicals.(contains benzine, chloride) Apart from this they add yeast. If I need some flour I buy raw wheat and make powder so get rid of all chemicals. I have to agree my wife having tough time with me.

We stopped all dairy prodcts in my house for past one year. We drink black tea with honey. (no white sugar)

I do agree these are tough things to follow but I find no other option, because all eye drops and medicines damage the eyes also have lot of side affects for which we have take different medicines. Moreover these doctors do not know what they treating, not listening to patients problems, symtoms, and cause of it. They learned some study or research and treat everyone same way. They do not consider eyes as window of the whole body. Just putting drops externally to the eyes not going to solve any problem and make problems worse.

I give an example: One of friend's relative had stomach pain and he went to a doctor and found that his gallbladder is not functioning. The doctor said it has to be removed. The function of gallbladder is to store bile pigment and when a hard food come to stomach gallbldder give more pigment and make the food to digest. My friend thought carefully and not agreed to remove the bladder. He tried all natural way and solved 80% of the problems.If he agreed to remove he may not be able to eat any hard food throghout his life. So I hate these type of doctors and researches. But in emergengy we have to go to doctors but not to remove any organs.

Follow all my posts and study and understand each word, in the links I have sent. All the link are from all over the world so you get many different fields of medical methods. I do not think you have to learn more than what these links say. All theses links say only good natural food so no fear or afraid to follow.

This link turned my way of thinking

http://www.drsharif.com/whc/node/139
    http://www.drsharif.com/whc/node/11
    http://www.drsharif.com/whc/educational_materials
    Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 21-Jun-2012 at 02:11.

Blog Entries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast