Question for Canadian Dry Eye Sufferers (Others may be interested too)
I would like to visit a doctor and have my levels tested on the following items. Could you tell me if these tests will be covered by MSP (Medical Services Plan)? If not, could you tell me where I could get these tests done?
- Histimine (probably low)
- Methionine (probably high)
- Vitamin A (probably low)
- Beta Carotene (probably high, look for bumps on upper arms and/or a yellow tinge to skin)
- B Vitamins 3,6,5,12, folate (essential to correct over-methylation)
- Vitamin E (can help to correct scarring of mucous membranes)
- Vitamin C (good for everything, important to eye health)
- Zinc (probably low)
- Copper (probably high)
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) (probably low)
Thank you in advance to the person who can shed light on this issue
I have a copy of the tests that you can have done here for no cost under the Medical Health Services
- Histimine (probably low) ----Don't see it on the list
- Methionine (probably high)----not on list
- Vitamin A (probably low)-----Can be done
- Beta Carotene (probably high, look for bumps on upper arms and/or a yellow tinge to skin)----not on list
- B Vitamins 3,6,5,12, folate (essential to correct over-methylation)----B12 only
- Vitamin E (can help to correct scarring of mucous membranes)----not on list
- Vitamin C (good for everything, important to eye health)----can be done
- Zinc (probably low)----can be done
- Copper (probably high)----not on list
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) (probably low)----can be done
Hope this helps
Thanks very much farmgirl! Any advice as to where I could go to get all of the tests done? Could a regular doctor do it, but I would need to pay for it? Or how could I get this done?
Your regular doctor can order the tests that are included in our health care system but for the others you would have to go to a naturopath or holistic doctor and pay for them. Be forewarned, they can get very expensive as they are not done individually if they are done in independent labs. One of the groups of tests I had done was in the $1500 range. I get my results tomorrow so am on a wheat fest today LOL. Just the consult was $250 and I will have to pay it again tomorrow when I go for the results. I would see my regular Dr and see exactly what he/she can do for you first and what they recommend. A lot of what you want would be covered...F/G
Thanks once again, greatly appreciated. I made an appointment with my GP earlier today and I also contacted a naturopath who, as you said, charges the big bucks, $200 for just a consult. They also said that they would send my samples to Chicago of all places... which is no where near where I live. Here's hoping I can figure a way to make this work without having to cough up any serious cash. That said, I hope even more that regardless of what happens, I get what I want out of it, and don't get a bunch of tests I didn't even request... strong communication is going to be key here I think, especially if I might be working with people from outside the country.
Thanks for your help. Hopefully I can handle it from here but I'll let you know if there's anything else!