Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Triphala Ghritam (Ayurvedic) - Magical and unbelievable

I am off to see my local ayurvedic doctor next week!! I am going to ask him lots of questions about treating dry eye and meibomian gland dysfunction. I spoke with him today on the phone and he said he has had a lot of success with treating dry eye.

Sheila, I will ask him about taking Triphalia in pill form.

I have also come across someone who has had great success with treating blepharitis with breathing exercises. I was very curious about this and have done some research in this area. . . very interesting findings. It appears that many people hyperventilate and as a result have inadequate amounts of CO2 in their tissues. This can lead to all kinds of health problems, including inflammatory disease. Looking back on my experiences, I know now that I have probably been over-breathing for years. I am going to investigate this connection between breathing and disease more thoroughly.

Excellent Praveen. Glad to hear that your eyes are improving and Triphala Ghrita is working for you too.

Good luck and God bless!

- Subashli

Hopeful2 please keep us posted on your doc visit next week and what you find out about blepharitis with breathing exercises. i have never heard that but i do know i can be very anxious/stressed.. makes me wonder..thanks
    Jenny

where should we order this from?? Madanapals.com?? and drink it right?
    Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful2 View Post
    Sheila, I will ask him about taking Triphalia in pill form.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful2 View Post
    I have also come across someone who has had great success with treating blepharitis with breathing exercises. I was very curious about this and have done some research in this area. . . very interesting findings. It appears that many people hyperventilate and as a result have inadequate amounts of CO2 in their tissues. This can lead to all kinds of health problems, including inflammatory disease. Looking back on my experiences, I know now that I have probably been over-breathing for years. I am going to investigate this connection between breathing and disease more thoroughly.
    I have asthma (controlled with inhaler). But I'm kinda doubtful of a connection. We'd see increased blepharitis in people with lung diseases or long distance runners or tuba players (heehee) if there was.

As for inflammation, I had C-reactive protein (CRP) and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR or sed rate) blood tests done years ago. Both are tests for non-specific acute or chronic inflammation (they're also inexpensive). My results were normal. However, I have recommended to people who are curious about inflammation to get these done. At the very least, it's something to cross off the list!

Wish me luck... I'm about to swallow some Triphala Ghrita in chocolate Nesquik!

Good luck! the chocolate Nesquik sounds yummy! keep us posted!
    Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by jenny2008 View Post
    hey i understand Reggie.. if it's burning your throat i dont knw.. unless u have something else... stomach bugs and stuff are going on around here in the midwest-in the states.. and rainy here.. not sure how your weather is but a bunch of people i know are sick
    The burn is just coming from the fact that the taste is worse than anything I have ever drank, honestly.
    FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Difference between Triphala Churna/Powder and Triphala Ghrita

Triphala Churna/Powder - Ingredients:
    Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
    Bibhitaka (Terminalia belerica)
    Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)

Triphala Ghrita - Ingredients (Manufactured by Baidyanth)
    Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
    Bibhitaka (Terminalia belerica)
    Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
    Sunthi (Zingiber officinale)
    Marica (Piper nigrum)
    Pippali (Piper longum)
    Draksa (Vitis vinifera)
    Madhuka (Honey)
    Katurohini (Soymida febrifuga- katu quality)
    Prapaundarika
    Suksmaila
    Vidariga (Pueraria tuberosa)
    Nagakesara (Mesua ferrea)
    Nilotpala (Nelumbo nucifera)
    Sveta sariva (Hemidesmus indicus (Anantmool – white quality)
    Krsna sariva (Anantmool – Black quality)
    Candana (Santalum album)
    Haridra (Curcuma longa)
    Daru (Berberis aristata)
    Ghrta (Clarified butter from cow's milk)
    Payas (Milk)
    Triphala rasa.

Based on ingredients "Triphala Ghrita" > "Triphala Powder" .

Triphala Ghrita has many more additional herbs than just Triphala Powder.
    So I think "Triphala Ghrita" is better. You have to mix Triphala Ghrita in warm milk and drink internally. I take 2 spoons with warm milk. Sometimes 3 spoons if I feel like my eyes are more dry.

Hope this solved the confusion. For more information, see my previous responses/threads.

Hi Hopeful

Hi let us know how your appt. goes! I'm curious to see what he says. I'm in NY so I don't know of any aryurvidic dr.'s out hear. Interesting what you said about the breathing. I do a lot of breathing exercises in my classes. I teach fitness classes. I don't notice that it helps any, at least with me.

I found this ayruvedic dr. from India, he does an online consultation and also recommends a treatment for a small fee.
    Here is his link:http://www.ayurvedaphysician.com/about.htm

Hi Subashli-Do you know anything about this Doctor?

Spmcc-let us know if your eyes feel any better after swallowing the Ghirita.LOL

Hello everybody

I´m new to this forum
    short introduction: I am 22 years old, male, Austria, and suffer since a year from chronic dry eyes (MGD, Blepharitis)
    Finally there are people here who understand how I feel and how challenging every day for us is. I tried almost every kind of drops with no help.
    Since almost 4 months my eyes are dry every day, so I´m struggling the whole time and have to deal with this issue by myself, because the doctors only tell me to do a lid hygiene and prescribe me each visit different drops...nothing is working except of WATER...cold plain water (washing my eyes with water makes the pain go away, but the bad thing only for a few minutes)...at the end better a few minutes than nothing....

Thanks to this forum I started reading about subashli´s triumph with treating dry eyes and I followed her advice
    In the beginning I wasn´t really sure about this method (and was just thinking that is a waste of money and time) but thanks god I changed my mind and
    I ordered Triphala ghrita and churna from http://www.ayurvedabay.com
    1) it arrived at my place in Austria in 3 working days.
    2) very cheap + very good service
    3) I dont know much about ayurveda medicine so I cant tell you anything about the quality
    4) I m using triphala ghrita now the second day and seriously I feel a bit relied in my eyes...)) I can´t believe that
    I dont want to be to happy, but now I really start to believe in this medicine

subashli I would like to ask you some questions about the triphala

1) Where do you store the ghrita and churna ? in the fridge ??
    2) I use a teaspoon of ghrita and pour it into warm milk (100ml ??? is that enough ?? should I put more or less milk)
    3) today I used first time churna: last night I mixed a teaspoon with ~ 200 mll water (cold water) and left it overnight, today in the morning I filtrated it through a filter and used it as eye wash ..........1) my eyes started a little bit burning (maybe that happened because I washed my face with open eyes ??)
    or maybe I should use warm water so that the churna powder can dissolve well ?
    what should the color of the solution look like after filtrating ? mine looks kind of brown :/

hope you can answer me some questions
    thanks in advance

bojan89,

I am glad that you are slighlty relieved and feeling better.

1. You can store Triphala Ghrita and churna at room temperature or as mentioned on the carton.

2. 1 to 2 teaspoons of Triphala Ghrita can be mixed with warm milk or warm water. Quantity does not matter 1/2 glass or 1 glass full.

3. As far as I know there should not be any issue with cold water. You can try with warm water and see it it works well. The color is brown.

Good luck and God bless you.

Thanks,
    Subashli
    Last edited by subashli; 22-Mar-2012 at 01:44.

To my Indian friends who are viewing this thread, read Shri Shirdi Sai Baba SatCharitra or Paarayanam (i.e. Miracles and Teachings of Shirdi Sai Baba) (See below link). This reading calmed and brought lot of peace to my mind and provided lot of relief during tough times. Surely this is a miracle. TRUST ME and read. You will see the difference.

Sai Satcharitra --- http://www.saibaba.us/texts/Shri%20S...atcharitra.pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sai_Baba_of_Shirdi

Thanks,
    Subashli

I purchased Thriphala Ghritta and Churna from www.ayurvedabay.com. I think it will take some time to arrive. But i will give you my feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by bakunin View Post
    I purchased Thriphala Ghritta and Churna from www.ayurvedabay.com. I think it will take some time to arrive. But i will give you my feedback.
    More than a week after the purchase and the status of my order in www.ayurvedabay.com remains the same ("in process", and no tracking number at all). And they don't replay any e-mails. Very annoying :/. Be aware of that site.

More than a week after the purchase and the status of my order in www.ayurvedabay.com remains the same ("in process", and no tracking number at all). And they don't replay any e-mails. Very annoying :/. Be aware of that site.
    I ordered from them and got my first package quite quickly. They sent the order in two packages so they wouldn't get held up by Canadian customs. I emailed them at one point and they replied the next day. IMO, they did great - I was impressed.

bakunin

Hi I ordered from there. I am in NY and did take a few weeks, but I did get it. They do seem reliable. It did take a while. I'm sure you'll get it. It doesn't always show the package being updated when you are tracking a package for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLis View Post
    Hi I ordered from there. I am in NY and did take a few weeks, but I did get it. They do seem reliable. It did take a while. I'm sure you'll get it. It doesn't always show the package being updated when you are tracking a package for some reason
    Ok. They replyed today, sending me the tracking numbers. Nice.

keep us posted when u get it and if it helps your eyes..gladyou finally heard back bakunin! that is scary when you order and spend $$$ and don't hear anything for awhile...
    i am taking the ingredient list to my ND doc on Monday to see if i can try it..
    good luck when you get it!!
    Jenny

I came across following article on an Ayurveda journal:

Shushkakshipaka (dry eye syndrome): A case study
    http://www.ijaronline.com/article.as...;aulast=Dhiman

I wonder if this miracle can be reproduced for several other dry eye cases.

Hi very interesting shanku. I was givine an online consult by an aryurvedic physician and he prescribed quite a few drops and tablets. The only problem is I've been googling the herbs and can't find them online. The physician said that due to technical difficulties they can't mail them out to me? I'm wondering how I am supposed to get these medicines. I'm willing to try them.

Quote Originally Posted by shanku View Post
    I came across following article on an Ayurveda journal:

Shushkakshipaka (dry eye syndrome): A case study
    http://www.ijaronline.com/article.as...;aulast=Dhiman

I wonder if this miracle can be reproduced for several other dry eye cases.
    I wish i could be in India. Here in Brazil there are very few ayurveda doctors, and i don't know if they are really good. Probably is not easy to get all that ayurveda medicines outside India.
    Reading that piece i start thinking that Triphala may not work in all cases of dry eye. It seems that ayurveda medicines have more to do with the characteristics of each person than with the symptoms...
    Last edited by bakunin; 01-Apr-2012 at 17:45.

bakunin

I wish i could be in India. Here in Brazil there are very few ayurveda doctors, and i don't know if they are really good. Probably is not easy to get all that ayurveda medicines outside India.
    Reading that piece i start thinking that Triphala may not work in all cases od dry eye. It seems that ayurveda medicines are more to do with the characteristics of each person than with the symptons...
    Hi Bakunin, I found a different ayurvedic dr. online who wants to prescribe and mail out to me an assortment of medicines for $200. He mails to the US. He does accept paypal. Here is his site- I'm still trying to decide if I should order from him. I can always cancel on my credit card if it doesn't ship. I just emailed him because I'd like to know the names of the herbs he wants to send me before I buy them.

Here is his link-http://www.ayurvedaphysician.com/ayurveda-products.htm

I just sent you a PM

Lisa

The only problem is I've been googling the herbs and can't find them online. The physician said that due to technical difficulties they can't mail them out to me? I'm wondering how I am supposed to get these medicines. I'm willing to try them.
    Just wanted to make you aware that the unavailability of Ayurveda medicines in USA is because of following FDA warning and this is the same reason these products can not be shipped easily from India to USA.

Consumer Updates > Use Caution With Ayurveda Products - FDA
    http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm050798.htm

It seems FDA requires that these medicines be manufactured in USA but not many companies have come up to fill the void (i.e., manufactures in USA or make export version of the medicines); there are only handful of companies making Ayurveda medicines in USA, and I am aware of following few:

www.himalayausa.com
    http://www.mapi.com/maharishi_ayurveda.html
    http://www.vadikherbs.com/

These companies may not carry identical formulations or all range of products. But am not aware of any such warning on these products in other countries. Good Luck!
    Last edited by shanku; 01-Apr-2012 at 20:07.

Hi all,

this is my first post, i have severe dry eye that appeared after six months from having lasik now it is more than one year of chronic pain, as most of you i visited many doctors in different countries, i tried most of eye drops, gels, ointments. aslo i have two permenant punctual plug in the lower tear ducts. before two months i visited on ayurvedic doctor and she prescribed to me one tea spoon of triphala churnam mixed with honey daily, i used to take it for two months but no improvement, i visited her again before few days and she asked to do three sessions of eye wash they pour some oils in the eyes for about 1 hour, i did now two session but also no improvement. she gave me also triphala ghritam, yesterday i started taking it, its taste is awful but i close my nose when take the dose (one table spoon) and eat immediatly after it a peice of chocolate then drink a lot of water, today i'll take the second spoon of ghritam, hope i can touch an improvement so i can give you and my self some optimism, i'll update u after one week

To make justice to ayurvedabay.com , my order arrived this week. It took about 20 days. They sent the order in two packages posted in different days. Very good service.

Today i had a bad day, the kind that i hadn't had since january or december. Maybe it is because my homeopathic doctor changed my medicine last week, and the insuffcient but little improvement of the former medicine has gone... So i think i will start Triphala.

Few minutes ago i drank my first glass of warm water with Triphala Ghritta. I was afraid about the taste for what i have been reading here. But man, it's not bad. It's not good, but is not bad either. I could drink it easily. Perhaps drinking twice a day for some time i will get sick of the taste...
    I put a teaspoon or two in a glass of water.

I purchased the Netramritam eye drop and i will start to using it today or tomorrow.

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/produc...ye-drop-AMO06/
    Last edited by bakunin; 14-Apr-2012 at 10:20.

bakunin,

good to hear that u did not get hurted by the taste, maybe drinking it with warm watter is better than taking it solely, i'll try this approach, do not forget to update us after some time if you touched any improvements hopefully

Regards

Well the remedy for dry eye is triphala as ayurved says.
    I remember my optho telling me many times that i shud try to get rid of constipation and digestive irregularities to have relief in dry eyes.Extra pressure in body affects eyes too he said.
    Just 2 days back he advised me the same...Be careful not to get constipation, take green veggies and use less computer and walk daily as all these can work on long term basis.
    So I think thats all triphala ghrita is all about..Keep digestive system okay and this may be keeps eyes better.Triphala keeps constipation in control and ghrita(ghee) wipes intestines garbage.

Im also from India and i have been using triphala ghrita past 1 week.
    But the fact to remember is ayurvedic medicines are not going to work as magic(like fml and all do).Its a slow process so i would give it 3-4 month hoping for dry eye symptoms to relieve.

But i would say its not crap...u need to give it much much more time to be effective and to be frank, most of people here in India use ayurvedic medicines after other medications do not work for them...coz none would want to wait longer to get alright...ayurvedic medicines work slower.
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Hiren has described it perfectly.. Ayurvedic medicines do take time.. And moreover they have multiple uses with less side effects.. One can easily try them out..
    To all those who are outside India, Baidyanath is one of the trusted brands for ayurvedic medicines in India.. Try visiting their website for the products needed and other details..

http://www.baidyanath.com/
    Pritesh.

Quote Originally Posted by brave_heart View Post
    bakunin,

good to hear that u did not get hurted by the taste, maybe drinking it with warm watter is better than taking it solely, i'll try this approach, do not forget to update us after some time if you touched any improvements hopefully

Regards
    Hi brave heart,

Perhaps differents brands have differents tastes. I puchased the Arya Vaidya Sala, sold in ayurvedabay.com .
    The smell of it bothers me much more than the taste. The smell stays in my hands after i mix it with a spoon

I put it on the fridge yesterday, but it wasn't a good idea. Today it was stiff. Better keep it in room temperature.

I don't think i have constipation or any digestive problem, but i will see if it works for me.
    Last edited by bakunin; 14-Apr-2012 at 14:07.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast