Thread: Forum Policy (for eyecare & industry professionals)

Blog Entries

Forum Policy (for eyecare & industry professionals)

Please read and abide by the Forum Policy for all users.

In addition:

PRIVATE MESSAGING
    FYI, the private messaging feature of this website is available only for use by patients.

DOCTORS
    I love to have doctors participate on DryEyeTalk. I ask optometrists and ophthalmologists to participate anonymously as I feel this is the safest and best approach for all concerned. All eye doctors will be indicated as “EyeMD” or “EyeOD” underneath their username on forum posts.

A few requests:
    • Please refrain from indicating your full name, business name, website or other personally identifying details in your profile, posts, signature, etc.
    • Please avoid posting in any forums marked “patients only”, or in archive folders.
    • Do not initiate contact with patients via private messaging. If you choose to accept private messages, that's fine, but do not use private messages in any way that could be construed as solicitation.
    • The preferred place to provide suggestions and information to patients with questions is the Open Forum (Patients & Pros).

INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS
    I welcome sales reps, researchers and other industry professionals from companies or organizations of direct interest to dry eye patients.

In order to maximize transparency and safety, please follow these guidelines:
    • It's helpful if you put the name of the company you are employed by or represent in your signature line. If you need help, just let me know.
    • Please avoid posting in any forums marked “patients only”, or in archive folders.
    • Do not initiate contact with patients via private messaging. If you choose to accept private messages (this is an option in your user profile), you may respond to questions, but do not use private messages in any way that could be construed as solicitation.

Thank you very much for your cooperation. If you need any help navigating/using the forums, post questions in the How do I... forum or email me or call.

ARE YOU CONDUCTING RESEARCH?

If you are involved in a research project that could benefit from feedback from "real" dry eye patients, we'd love to know about it. You may register and post a description of the project and a link to the survey, so long as it is not used to promote a medical practice or commercial interests. If you have any questions or if you would prefer that I post it please email me or call 877-693-7939.
    Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 04-Feb-2013 at 18:34. Reason: Removed outdated parts (registration is now by email rather than automatic)
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Zone