Have been on a quest to find the best eyedrops. Yes, everyone is different but the results so far have been distinctive. Surprisingly, the most expensive and most difficult to obtain locally** is not in first place.
In most cases the best vision was obtained by using the drops, then heating the lids with a microwaved sock full of dry rice. Oh yes !!
Subject to change, here is the rankings:
1. Refresh Optive Sensitive
2. Systane Balance
3. Refresh Optive
4. GenTeal Liquid Gel Drops
5. Various others (Theratears, Blink, Systane other than Balance, etc.)
12. Oasis **
13. Oasis Plus **
QUALITIES sought include:
1. Readily available from a chain pharmacy or grocery store. and no prescription needed.
3. Little or no blurring after instillation
4. No symptoms when instilling
5. Vision sharp after application or very shortly thereafter
6. No feeling of wet lids after using the drops
7. Long lasting and gives good relief even if wind or car heater is blowing on the face
8. Application of the drops improves vision even if an alternate brand was used previously
9. Blink rate acceptable and within 15 minutes after application, purposeful blinking not required to improve vision.
10. Reasonable cost
11. Discount coupons available
So far, the Optive Refresh Sensitive has given excellent sharp vision, eight to 12 hours relief, no "wet" feeling on the lids, no tear pooling, no double monocular imaging, etc.
What drops have YOU been using and why do YOU like them ? Do you have a ranking ? If so, please list the ranking and if the qualities you seek are any different from the above.