READ THIS before posting in the "Find a..." forum
Doing a little forum housekeeping tonight and decided it's high time to have an easier way to search for doctors who do specialized treatments.
DOCTORS, you are very welcome to let us know here about specialized dry eye services you offer including treatments such as those mentioned above or diagnostics not routinely available from most corneal specialists or optometrists specializing in dry eye. Posts should be brief and informational (no claims or testimonials please).
PHARMACISTS, please post here any specialized dry eye products you are compounding e.g. autologous serum, preservative free drops, high-concentration cyclosporine, etc.
PATIENTS, you are welcome to post here names of doctors who they know to be currently providing specialized services such as:
- Arranging for production of autologous serum eyedrops
- Performing IPL
- Prescribing unusual compounded treatments such as DHEA drops, testosterone creams, etc.
- Fitting scleral lenses (but only if they have experience doing so specifically for dry eye as a primary indication)
- Dr. Maskin's probing thingy
- Whatever other latest-&-greatest dry eye treatments are kicking around.
Patients, if you post here, be diligent and thorough in confirming your information and describing what is offered, so that others don't waste time trying to track dead-end leads. If you have any doubts as to whether the doctor would want his/her name posted in this way, don't. To be safe, ask them. If it's a doctor with whom you have an ongoing relationship and they stop offering the service you posted about, please update the posting.
EVERYBODY, for ease of use, please make sure to include TREATMENT and LOCATION in the SUBJECT LINE of your post.
The Dry Eye Zone