Lipi-flow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipi-flow

I wanted to give a "heads up" to European patients that the Dr. Korb's Lipi-Flow system is now available in Europe, though not yet in the US. Check out the website, http://www.lipiflow.com/en/
    ElaineH

Has anyone heard of this being used yet in Europe? Looks like it could help with Mei Glands?

tks

mar

Comment

I have emailed the company to see if they could shed any light on their European operations but no response from them yet.

Comment

Actually did same and got a response to say "Thank you for your interest in TearScience and yes we have 4 sites currently active in Europe specifically in UK, Germany, Belgium and France. Let us know if you would be interested in any of these sites and we will have them follow-up with you". I've asked for specifics around the UK

Comment

Message from Tearscience

Got this mail from Tearscience earlier today:

"The site that we have installed our equipment in the UK is the following:

Mr. Sheraz Day, MD
          Centre for Sight
          38 Queen Ann Street
          London, UK W1G 8HZ
          Www.centreforsight.com

As for Germany it is the following:

Augenklinik am Marienplatz
          Marienplatz 18/19
          90331 Munchen, Germany
          Tel: 089 23 24 10 80
          Fx: 089 23 24 10 10

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way and do hope it works out for you."

Comment

I m gonna check out Munich as soon as it will be possible for me. Will report back...
            Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

Comment

Hi Guys!

I'm from Brazil but I am very interested in LipiFlow!

Do you know of someone who has passed the procedure? When one of you pass, please leave your story here!

If you want to add me, I would be pleased to follow more a story of healing.

Thank you for your attention, and good luck to those who are trying to treat!

Comment

here s the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuivZS5mXCI

Comment

Lipiflow in Canada

Apparently Lipiflow has been approved for use in Canada as well as Europe. Does anyone know of any Canadian doctors offering the treatment?

Comment

I ve had the treatment yesterday. It was rather unpleasant and my eyes were quite irritated afterwards. No significant change so far but the Dr. said it takes up to three weeks until patients notice any effect...

What was really interesting is the LipiView screening shows on some kinf of index regarding the quality of the lipid layer, that min is - surprisingly - really fcked up-- The Dr. said on the index of 100, between 70 and 40 is a clinically significant evaporative dry eye for which the treatment is recommended. I have 32 and 28... Guess over the years I ve really gotten more or less used to the bad sensation and constant irritation...

If anyone else is having the treatment, it would surely be interesting to compare values...

Comment

Thanks for the information. Is the treatment repeated until the desired index is reached?
                      Also do you have a follow up months later to see if the improvement stays consistent?

Comment

Hi,

the treatment is only intended single. It is really rather irritating... My lid margin was almost "wound" afterwards...They did not measure my tearfilm a second time post-treatment as the effect should take place after minimum two to three weeks. They did however check my glands again after the procedure under the slitlamp and said that they are "clear" and "open" now for whatever that means....

Will report back in case I notice any sustained improvements

Comment

Lipiflow in UK

It's great to hear that there's a new and possibly really effective treatment for mgd.

I enquired centre of sight in the UK about Lipiflow and they replied that it is the site in East Grinstead where they have Lipiflow installed.

It sounds to me that Lipiflow in time can reverse the condition so that the oil will be coming out as it should...

Comment

Originally posted by Philipp_from_Germany View Post
                            Hi,

the treatment is only intended single. It is really rather irritating... My lid margin was almost "wound" afterwards...They did not measure my tearfilm a second time post-treatment as the effect should take place after minimum two to three weeks. They did however check my glands again after the procedure under the slitlamp and said that they are "clear" and "open" now for whatever that means....

Thanks for the quick response and hopefully your lids will start feeling better. Did the application of heat and massage make sense to you or are you skeptical? Please keep us posted on your follow up visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Philipp_from_Germany View Post
                              Hi,

Oh please do because I'm thinking about having this treatment - if I'm a suitable candidate. London isn't the most convenient place for me to get to - and work commitments have been a bit heavy recently so I was hoping to do something in the New Year.

I've made contact with this practice already but the person on the phone wasn't that helpful; to be fair, she probably had limits to what she could say but I wanted to know more about assessment for suitability and what it entailed. Any information on this (when you feel up to it of course) would be helpful.

What did you mean when you described your lid margin as being wound afterwards?

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X