Back to Square One, 5 years post-LASIK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi hosanna
    Thanks for sharing great news! You are lucky to find relief so fast!!

Expression: What kind of the actual medical tool you use, particular brand name? how long and often you do it?
    If there is a similiar one at YouTube, what could be great. Thanks!

Omega 9: what would that help?

Comment

I bought this one on ebay for around $50, 3x4mm paddle size. They work well for expression and I do it every other night. I think it helps to keep the glands unplugged. Sorry, fish oil and flaxseed just have omega 3 and 6. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/182635570625

Comment

3 weeks after Lipiflow update: Knock on wood, but my eyes feel better and better daily. I am continuing with daily fish oil, flaxseed oil and plenty of water. I also started taking LifeExtensions Maquibright supplement. There was actually a Japanese clinical study that showed significant improvement in tear production after 1 month, so I'm willing to try it. Costs about $13 on Amazon for a month supply.

Comment

Update: So I found out what was causing me to have painful, irritated eyes daily. It was a topical acne cream I had been using called Finacea. It was immediately obvious to me because it took about a month after I started using Finacea for my eyes to become affected, but within 2 days of stopping Finacea, I was back to baseline. Now I still continue to take fish oil/flaxseed oil and express my glands, but Maquibright made no difference after 2 months on it. It's still painful for me to be in drafty, dry environments, but I am relatively 'normal' at home.

Comment

Hi hosanna
            Thanks for sharing.
            So in the drafty, dry environment, we can only apply drops, wear wrapped around glasses, other alternatives??

Comment

yup, i am going to get scleral lenses to deal with the work environment.

Comment

Working...
              X