Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried Lotemax? Any Success??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone tried Lotemax? Any Success??

    Hey Everyone,

    Hope your all doing better than I am. Today I went back to my ophthalmologist for the millionth time, and he prescribed me Lotemax. I have pretty much tired everything from warm compresses, lipflow treatment, punctal plugs, FML, Alrex, umm Zaditor, been tested for Sjogrens (negative) and have had no luck. It seems that after all this my eyes are pissed and look worse than ever! Honestly when the problem first occured the alrex worked best out of everything but I am losing hope. My doctor cannot figure out what is even wrong with me, have a VERY low case of MGD/bleph..he said its so low that he doesnt even think it should be causing redness and pain. We tried allergies (apparantly not the case)..any one have any advice for me? or has anyone tired lotemax with any success?? Any help would be wonderful

  • #2
    I used Lotemax for 1 3/4 years. It was the only thing that helped me. I now have glaucoma, don't yet know what kind so I am off Lotemax for the time being. If you use it more than a couple of weeks be sure to have your intra ocular pressure checked regularly.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

    Comment


    • #3
      im sorry to hear the Lotemax ended up making things worse. Why is it that all meds that actually work are only short term? Today is my second day on the drop, it seems to be working pretty well, but most drops work for me at first then end up making things worse after for some reason.. I am seriously considering the I-Brite procedure because I don't think I can live my whole life with these red eyes!

      Comment


      • #4
        Lotemax is not supposed to cause glaucoma. The problem is that some percentage of patients are always going to have adverse side effects. Many doctors use Lotemax because they have no other idea what to do. Steroids decrease inflamation and since there are probably more patients with inflamed eyes than actual dry ones, the steroids help. I personally decided to put patients on NON STEROIDS....I got some amazing results, but....you can't believe the cost of the drops. Because non steroids are used after cataract surgery the company charges outrageous prices. We are talking about a bottle with thirty drops for one hundred eighty dollars. That's a ton of money. what it does do is to allow you to use a non steroid rather than a steroid. Some patients get instant results. I should point out that the instant results you get with Lotemax etc are probably due to decreased pain and not really helping the dry eye.
        Good luck.

        Comment


        • #5
          can you tell me the names of these non-steriods?! so i can ask my doctor, and also are they avaliable in Canada? Thanks for any help!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, can you please let us know the names of the NON STEROIDS. I am thinking that perhaps
            Voltaren would be a useful anti-inflammatory? And yes Faith, Voltaren is available in Canada, in PF drops.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have been on and off Lotemax for about a year and a half. It helps with the inflammation but after a few days I end up with blurry vision. I am back on a different steroid now as yesterday when I was back at my eye doctor he told me that I have 11 scratches on my right cornea and two on my left. No wonder I am having problems seeing!

              Comment


              • #8
                Lotemax does have the danger of causing glaucoma.
                I had used it for 2 months.Eyes felt like heaven when i was on it.But when i stopped, eyes became worse like before.

                Then i tried to use in parts...put drops ocassionally...didnt follow the TAPERING OFF system.That made my eyes really feel worst.
                Then i used cyclosporine 0.1% and its working.I would advise you to try cyclosporine after discussing with ur doctor.
                NSAIDs going to work temporarily , cyclosporine works towards more of a long term symptomatic relief.
                Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by eyemech View Post
                  Lotemax is not supposed to cause glaucoma. The problem is that some percentage of patients are always going to have adverse side effects. Many doctors use Lotemax because they have no other idea what to do. Steroids decrease inflamation and since there are probably more patients with inflamed eyes than actual dry ones, the steroids help. I personally decided to put patients on NON STEROIDS....I got some amazing results, but....you can't believe the cost of the drops. Because non steroids are used after cataract surgery the company charges outrageous prices. We are talking about a bottle with thirty drops for one hundred eighty dollars. That's a ton of money. what it does do is to allow you to use a non steroid rather than a steroid. Some patients get instant results. I should point out that the instant results you get with Lotemax etc are probably due to decreased pain and not really helping the dry eye.
                  Good luck.
                  i never came to know anyone who had cataract surgery and used such drops which costs so high.Are they used in post operative surgical procedure?
                  Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dear Hiretherock,

                    Thank-you so much for the reply. My eyes are doing a bit better on the Lotemax...but I am a makeup artist who works in really bright lighting, and thats when my eyes seem to get inflammed more..it may be my job thats causing it. Today is my last day so we will see. The doctor just put me on Lotemax the other day so I will ask him about those drops when I see him April 10th. Just a quick question if you dont mind! umm..have u found any drops that help lots with the redness? I think thats definately what bothers me the most.. worst thing is my doctor really cant figure out whats causing it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hi. your redness of eyes would be controlled by cyclosporine if its caused by inflammation of eyes.
                      cyclosporine works to take control of inflammation.
                      otherwise i dont think so there are any specific drop that works towards reducing redness.
                      there are some links you will find on Google about a surgery which is called EYE WHITENING SURGERY.
                      not sure how it works and whether you can be suitable for it or not.
                      Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi I did not like it. It killed my eyes. I only used it a few days. When I saw dr. Latkany he said that he finds a lot of his occular rosacea patients don't like it because its made with a powder that irritates there eyes. Then he said there are some people that love it. I know its supposed to be a milder steriod. Its still a steriod and I wouldn't use it long term. He told me not to use it. If it doesn't bother you and makes your eyes feel better then I would use it as prescribed.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          totally agreed Lisa.i would not use it for long term either.unless doctor insists
                          Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by hirentherock View Post
                            i never came to know anyone who had cataract surgery and used such drops which costs so high.Are they used in post operative surgical procedure?
                            The drops are called Bromday.

                            I went to drugstore.com
                            Bromday - 0.09% Solution 1.7ml Bottle
                            Quantity Our Price
                            1 bottle $179.99 - save 4% ($7.78)
                            3 bottles $505.96 - save 10% ($57.36)
                            4 bottles $674.61 - save 10% ($76.48)
                            5 bottles $843.26 - save 10% ($95.60)
                            6 bottles $1,011.91 - save 10% ($114.72)
                            Sorry if I am not supposed to show this, but I just cut and pasted it.
                            I have no financial interest but prefer not to have my honesty called in question.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LindaLa View Post
                              I have been on and off Lotemax for about a year and a half. It helps with the inflammation but after a few days I end up with blurry vision. I am back on a different steroid now as yesterday when I was back at my eye doctor he told me that I have 11 scratches on my right cornea and two on my left. No wonder I am having problems seeing!
                              Oh my, this sounds like me, with the corneal abrasions. Did the Doc place a bandaid contact? the last time this happened to me, so much pain, the contact fixed it right up.
                              Did you notice that you were in a lot of Pain? Everytime I would get the scratches, It was murder. What else have they suggested?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X