Getting ikervis on the nhs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ikervis on the nhs

How hard is it in the UK to get this on prescription? I have had lower plugs inserted privately but mg eyes and still causing me a lot of pain.

I am aqueous deficient. Have a tear break up time of 12 seconds. But low tear production schirmers test score of 2.5mm in the left eye 8mm in the right. My eyes do limit my a lot due to pain and poor vision due to dryness.

Comment

After I had already tried other treatments like plugs, artificial tears, ointments, steroid drops, antibiotic drops I was given Ikervis to try. I think if you can show that you already tried everything else they will be likely to prescribe it, may need to be requested by a consultant e.g opthalmologist. You can see NICE guidelines for prescribing Ikervis here:

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta369
      Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

I have tried plugs lower ones. Artificial tears and ointments. Not steroid drops though. Thanks I will read the link you sent me. One problem is though all my treatment so far has been private. I couldn't wait any longer for my gp to refer me.

Comment

HAve been on ikervis for nearly two months and have noticed no difference. Any one else having success with this treatment. I read on the net it is only effective with 15 percent of users. Not good odds

Comment

Is that honestly it 15 percent of users have a positive result on it?

Comment

It was just what one site had written about it

Comment

Working...
              X