Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Scheduled Update

ATTN: The forums will be down part of the day of March 31 for a scheduled update.
2 of 2 < >

Attn: Anyone Who Requested Registration and never got a response.

We normally get back to people on registration requests within a few business days. If you don't hear back from us within a week it may be because we're having difficulty with your email address. If you included your username in your request we've probably registered you already and just can't send you the information. You can give us a call at 1-877-693-7939 between the hours of 8am-4am Pacific time. We'll have your information set aside to give to you in the event attempts to send to your email didn't work.
See more
See less

Is there something that works against inflammation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something that works against inflammation?

Do you know some remedies without needing a medical prescription?
    I don't feel my eyes dry but one of them is constantly inflamed!Help!

Good question. I'm thinking cold packs/ice, but the effect would be rather temporary.

The usual route is to get some mild steroid eye drops like Lotemax or FML ---a prescription----and use that to get the inflammation under control.

Best to go to the eye doctor and find out for sure if it IS inflammation---you know, just to make sure it's not bacterial or something serious.

Rinsing your eyes with sterile saline solution (unpreserved, like Unisol) several times a day can reduce the quantity of debris/by-products of the inflammatory process, which in turn gives the eyes less to 'react to."

Gently clean your lids with a moistened cotton bud---cleaning off any old oils, etc. that might be contributing to inflammation.

I sometimes use green tea (after it cools down) and wipe that around my closed eyes---it moistens and a little bit gets on the lids and seems to soothe. It's just something I do (since I drink lots of green tea) and it's right there on the table, available. I've read that green tea helps with inflammation internally, so I figure, why not try it on my eyes.

I think chamomile tea might help---same principle---has some anti-inflammatory effect. Make sure it's boiled water first--don't put it into the eye exactly---more like "bathe" the eyes gently.

Calli

Comment

Hi,

Watch out for the chamomile if you suffer from any type of allergies. I was warned by two health care professionals about chamomile and allergies but as I had never had allergies I didn't think it would be a problem. Turns out, since Lasik, I do have allergies. It may not have been the chamomile that sparked it, but I'm staying away from it just in case.

Bernadette

Comment

Again, I'm new to this, but I would rather go natural then the drug route if possible. I'm so hypocritical though as I started restasis out of desperation which is also supposed to cut down inflammation which I have as well. I also take two supplements that I think might be helping - Cucurmin, and D-Flame by NOW supplements. Both are filled with excellent things to cut down on inflammation and pain management. I thought it was worth a try.
        pianolady

Comment

I take advil when I remember- I think that helps with inflammation for me. I also take BioTears and Zyflamed (both supplements) and TONS of fish oil. I dont feel very inflammed with these combos. Ii seems the less I mess with my eyes the better they do. Above all- DONT RUB YOUR EYE, I was told that this releases a cascade of more inflammation/release of histamine (?) and makes for a vicious cycle. Resist the temptation to ever rub your eyes- as good as it may feel at the moment.
          I would also look into a possible allergy that is causing the inflammation.

Comment

How exactly can you tell if you are inflamed?
            I know this sounds like a stupid question...
            pianolady

Comment

Thank you so much for your precious advice!
              I've been taking aspirin the last whole week not to go crazy even if I know it's not healty...
              I also don't know exactly when your eyes are inflamed, I went already to 4 eye doctors and they all said I only have dry eyes and one of them put the plugs in. I feel so much better with the plugs but the eye which was worst before still burns (but doesn't feel dry anymore). I read plugs with inflammation is no good but without is even worst for me...

Comment

Working...
              X