Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you damage your cornea with hot compresses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you damage your cornea with hot compresses?

This is something I'm worried about, because I've been getting problems with my vision lately my doc can't explain. Ghosting and blurring mostly. I wonder if anyone on this board ever had any permanent visual problems, because of the hot compresses and massage.
    I know that some manuals state that you should use th compresses as hot as you can tolerate without burning yourself. Others say, you shouldn't be over 45C, which is a big difference imho. I can easily tolerate up to 50C with my gel mask and probably more.
    Last edited by wissen1; 28-Jun-2017, 08:01.

Bumping this thread. Anyone noticing increased high order aberrations due to warm compress treatment or is this just coincidence for me? I remember some people saying they did the warm compresses so hot they even burned their skin on the lids.
    I remember more ghost images appearing in my vision around the time I started doing warm compresses twice daily. But the inflammation was also at a highpoint at this time.
    So any experiences here?

Comment

Hi there,

I think its about doing it with a little common sense. If they are using compresses so hot they burnt their skin, they are doing something. With that being said, I made a topic myself about the safety of compresses. I'm not sure about cornea but everything is connected so possibly. My doctors told me to watch out due to the increase in inflammation it causes. Obviously that inflammation will affect the eye and therefore cornea itself so maybe it can. I went from doing Compresses 2x a day to 2x a week.

Comment

Working...
      X