No announcement yet.

How long does probing last?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the advice. I have gotten better in the last few years, but still have regular flares. I am trying to find time to increase my compresses to twice per day. I have a HOCL lid cleanser, but don't find it that helpful. It's hard being such a worrier like I am. I would be so happy to not have to use tears but I have to daily. It's funny how a disease like this can affect life SO much. It's a constant thought. I wonder what I would think about if I didn't have to constantly think about my eyes. I'm off today so I'm just venting here. I can see my oil in a 10x magnifying mirror when I press on the glands. Sometimes they are thin oil, sometimes "crisco", sometimes white, sometimes nothing comes out which hurts the most.

I am too excited about the procedure and trying not to get my hopes up.

Comment

Hi Faith

Glad to know you have gotten better. Any ideas what likely trigger the regular flares?

compress: Glad you plan to increase. When oil is flowing, we dont need many drops.
      Some doctors also support such views except my dr whom I believed but now I know it was a mistake!
      Sometimes I forcefully blink when I perform Blephastem (eye closed), then more oil comes out.
      It is kind of LipiFlow and it is effective/safe, in my view.

Your work enviroment has fan, heating or air conditioner? If so, how do you overcome them?

Lid cleaner: Once dr gave me a normal cleaner as I did not have inflammation, then I got much discharges etc.
      Then I figured out an effective/safe cleaner is important

HOCL lid cleanser: doctors say (in the Yourtube viedos) normally the treatment takes 2 weeks.
      When I go to bed, I spray to closed eyes and feel great. I actually found such spray by myself after trying 2 other brands. We dont have HOCL lid cleaners here and 3 of my doctors do NOT know such cleansers too.

Lastly, after visiting a dozon of doctors, pretty frustrated - either not helpful/knowledgeable nor solution-driven.
      Only last dr examined my upper glands. None wanted to checked, even I beg them.
      It was not that difficult nor did it take long.
      I realize, if I want to achieve results, I need to keep learning/exploring new things - actually like a full-time job.
      I solved all problems by myeslf, except LipiFlow (opening glands).
      I am sure you can do that too because you are also proactive!!
      Think positive and a bit of tenacity wont hurt!!
      Last edited by MGD1701; 10-Aug-2017, 09:25.

Comment

Working...
      X