Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cauterizing Blood Vessels

Hi Dr. Latkany,
    i'm 24 Female. My eyes are red without a cause: first of all I don't have vision problems and so never had Lasik etc.. Also i have no allergy (done all testings) and/or Ocular Rosacea.
    Watching photos of me little (10 or so) my eyes where already a bit red but in the last years more permanent blood vessels are growing from the corner reaching the iris. I've tried several medications, nothing worked (including plugs).

I read about cauterizing these abnormal blood vessels by using I think a cold Laser. Have you ever heard about this treatment?? Do you do this in your clinic??

Thanks
    Cinzia

There are no "tests" for ocular rosacea so this is still highly likely with you.
    You cannot test for sensitivites only allergies. And there are several patients
    who have been tested negative by one allergist and positive by another.
    So there are many possibilities here.

Anyway do not do any surgery until you know why you have those vessels there in the first place otherwise I assure you they will come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Latkany MD View Post
      There are no "tests" for ocular rosacea so this is still highly likely with you.
      You cannot test for sensitivites only allergies. And there are several patients
      who have been tested negative by one allergist and positive by another.
      So there are many possibilities here.

Anyway do not do any surgery until you know why you have those vessels there in the first place otherwise I assure you they will come back.
      Can she do the surgery after she knows why she has them and gets it under control?

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I am truly curious.

Comment

Working...
        X